Sign up with Australian betting sites
Free Bet Deals is your gateway to the world of exciting free bet offers, betting products, and promotions from the best online bookmakers in Australia. We provide all the information you need to select the right betting agency. Browse through our site and learn about each betting site by: reading our reviews, comparing the products and free bets that each bookmaker offers, and staying abreast of the latest online betting news.
Understanding bonus bets
Our home page provides free bets for new customers. That is an incentive provided by the betting site to entice a new player to register an account. The incentives vary between bookmakers, not just in amount but in the type of sign up bonus bet they offer. To further complicate the join process, not everyone is able to take advantage of these sign up bonus bets; residents of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia are not able to receive a new account bonus from a betting agency. Residents of these states, are though permitted to receive bonus bet offers from bookmakers once they have registered an account. We refer to these offers as existing customer bonus bets, and cover them in the promotions section of our site.
New customer free bets
Types of sign up bonuses
In order to unlock the mystery of the various new customer free bet offers, we explain each of the different types of sign up bonus available with licensed Australian betting sites:
- Matched deposit free bet: sign up offer whereby the bookmaker will match your first deposit amount up to a certain value. For example, a $250 free matched deposit offer will entitle you to a free $250 bet if you deposit $250.
- Matched first bet offer: free bet bonus offer where the bookmaker will match the amount of your very first bet with a complimentary bet of equal value. For example, if you place a $100 bet as your first bet with a new bookmaker, you will receive a bonus bet of equal value.
- First bet refund offer: This sign up offer entitles you to a free bet if your very first bet with the bookmaker loses. In essence, it means that your first bet is refunded with a bonus bet if it loses.
- No deposit free bet: This type of offer allows you to receive a free bet from a bookmaker without having to deposit any money. These types of sign up bonuses are typically of low value. No such offers exist from Australian bookmakers at this point in time.
- Winning boost: The winning boost offer is currently provided by Betfair, instead of a awarding a free bet, they provide a bonus boost to any winnings a customer makes in the first 7 days operation of a new account.
Which is the best type of offer?
This is a question typically asked of potential new customers. The best offers in our opinion are the matched deposit free bet offers. Your initial deposit is matched with free bets of equal value. There is no restriction or pressure to wage a large amount with your first bet as there is with the matched first bet offer.